School Age After School (SAAS)
Rooms: Kindergarten, 3rd floor, SIPP, library, Kenyon, Walker
Enrollment: Either 10 or 20; children in grades kindergarten through 5th. Open to the community.
Hours: 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m; follows Arlington School District’s calendar
Cost: $15.25/day or $71.10/full week
Calendar: This program will follow the Arlington School District calendar.
Transportation: Local school districts will provide bussing. Parents are responsible for transportation arrangements.
Teacher: To be hired – part time – 2:15 to 6:15 p.m. 10 children enrolled is 1 teacher, 20 children enrolled is 2 teachers
We are pleased to announce that after a successful pilot year we will be expanding our School Age After School Program. Originally piloted as a program for 10 children in kindergarten through third grade, the program will expand to 20 children in kindergarten through fifth grade for the 2010 - 2011 public school year. This program will be offered under the auspices of the Dean of Planning and Academic Affairs (DoPAA) and Wimpfheimer Nursery School.
Eligibility: Children in grades kindergarten through 5th grade. Children who are members of Vassar families, who have previously attended Wimpfheimer, or who have siblings currently attending WNS or the Infant Toddler Center will be given enrollment priority. Community families are welcome to apply.
- activities featuring the creative arts
- afterschool snack provided
- homework space and assistance
- outdoor time
- Parents must pre-register and sign a contract for the public school calendar year. This is not a drop-in afterschool program.
- Full time contracts (5 days per week) will be given priority. Fixed part-time contracts (ex. Mondays/Wednesdays) will be offered depending on space availability.
- Payroll deduction is available for Vassar employees.